The News @ Good News
The Good News Summer Discover Camp is designed to help kids...
1) get outdoors, 2) be active, and 3) stay safe this summer. We'll stay spread out and follow all proper precautions. No more videos to watch or virtual appointments to attend. After the past few months of being cooped up inside, this is a great opportunity be active and have fun outdoors this summer!
- Dates: Mondays June 22, June 29, July 6, and July 13
- Time: 9:00-11:30 a.m.
- Location: Grundahl Park Shelter and surrounding area
- Cost: $25 per session for the first child, $10 per session for additional children in the same family.
- Ages: Entering K through grade 4 (2020-2021 School Year).
- Each session will include 1) a hands on project that the kids will take home, 2) a Bible lesson, 3) fun, active time outdoors, 4) a snack, 5) music.
SESSION INFORMATION (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- June 22: Discover the Power of Light
Hands on Project: Solar-powered rover kit with Wisconsin Public Power, Inc.
Activity: Scavenger Hunt
- June 29: Discover the Power of Wind
Hands on Project: Wind-powered generator with chargeable glider.
Activity: Fun with frisbees, disc golf
- July 6: Discover the Power of Water
Hands on Project: Paint your own pottery with Center Ground Studios
Activity: Water games
- July 13: Discover the Power of Life
Hands on Project: Planting succulents with Jada's Garden and Greenhouse
Activity: Introduction to Fitness with Jen Maguire
You can sign up for whichever session(s) fit your summer schedule! Sessions are capped at 35 children, so save your spot today!