You + your kids + good news
Every church wants to be family friendly. At Good News, we do too. But we do so by recognizing that the best way for a child's faith to grow is when the church and the family are working together.
Our children's ministry is built on the following foundational principles:
- The biggest spiritual influences in a child's life will inevitably be his or her parents.
- God asks parents to bring up their children "in the training and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4) and he will equip them to do so.
- Even from the earliest of ages, children are models of faith and valued members of our church.
- Our worship format not only encourages families to be together, but is ideally suited for active engagement and participation by all, including children.
- The sights and sounds of active children within our congregation are a great joy to us and evidence that God is blessing our future even now.
WHAT WE OFFER
The mission of Homegrown Children's Ministry is to assist, equip, and encourage families to grow together in the good news. To accomplish that mission, each week we offer:
- Family Spiritual Growth: 9:15 a.m. (Sunday School for children; Bible study for adults)
- Family Worship: 8:00 and 10:00 a.m.
CHILDREN AND CHURCH
We want children in church with their families learning about Jesus' love. We realize that, especially at first, having children in church can be a challenge for parents. To help, we offer the following:
- A children's devotion tailored specifically to help your kids learn about God.
- A nursery where parents can take restless children if needed.
- Other moms who are willing and ready to help if needed.
- Children's activity sheets that kids can work on during the service.